Our Value Added
From pre-deal to post-merger integration, the people component of a deal can represent major risks in any M&A transaction, such as large financial risks, execution delays, or business disruptions, all of which impact the short and long term benefits of the integration.
Thymus Consulting helps its clients in the assessment of the macro and micro people elements related to the transaction, the preparation of the post-merger integration plan, and its execution. From leadership team assessment to interim HR management post-integration, we will help you maximise the value of the people component of the deal.
We combine a deep understanding and experience of the M&A process with a profound knowledge of human resources. Our clients receive practical advice from senior HR practitioners based on many years of experience on-the-ground preparing or implementing acquisitions, integrations, or divestments for companies of all sizes.
Pre-Deal Due Diligence
The due diligence (DD) phase is highly critical to the short and long term success of the transaction and to the preparation of the post-merger integration (PMI).
Prior to and during DD, we can support you for all organisational and people aspects specific to the transactions, including:
- Design of the DD requirements
- Leadership team assessment
- High level cultural assessment
- HR audit
- Impact of DD on the deal and on the Sale & Purchase Agreement
Our goal is to maximise your understanding of the organisation you are buying through the people element.
Post-Merger Integration (PMI)
The preparation of the PMI early on is a fundamental condition for integration success. Through direct involvement in many countries worldwide, including recent PMI designs and executions in China, India, and Indonesia, Thymus Consulting can help you:
- Define and execute HR diligence post-acquisition
- Plan all PMI activities related to organisational restructuring, change management, and people programs & processes
- Design new organisational structures with improved span of control and reduced management layers
- Develop and support you in implementing a specific 100-day plan with clear deliverables and outcomes
- Drive, or help you drive, the change agenda, including coaching the CEO and his leadership team
- Execute or help you implement the overall PMI plan
- Provide interim HR management support post-integration
Through a strong understanding of the M&A process and the importance of its people component, we will help you maximise the value of your investment.